Laurie Vignaud has overall responsibility for the development, monitoring, management and promotion of community development programs and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) initiatives for Capital One Bank in Louisiana and Texas. She has been instrumental in bringing millions of dollars in grant financing to the bank that were used to support affordable housing programs. In addition, she has created and led some of the bank’s most creative affordable housing and small business initiatives in the region in recent years.
The team led by Ms. Vignaud recognizes and cultivates community development projects, which may involve the new construction and renovation of single-family housing units throughout Capital One’s south central region. Ms. Vignaud serves as the President of Capital One’s Community Development Corporation, which is the entity that provides capital to nonprofit housing developers for the construction of new single-family homes sold to low- and moderate-income first-time homebuyers. She works directly with various governmental, non-profit and for-profit agencies to provide and promote affordable housing, small business, and economic development and asset-building opportunities.
Ms. Vignaud manages a team of five associates strategically located across Capital One’s south central region. She has more than 18 years of experience in the community development arena and more than 20 years of banking experience.
A New Orleans native, Ms. Vignaud received a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of New Orleans and a graduate degree in banking from the Southern Methodist University Southwest Graduate School of Banking in Dallas. She also attended Southern University of New Orleans, where she studied social welfare.
Active in the community, Ms. Vignaud serves on the board of the Houston Area Urban League, the NAACP Texas State Corporate Advisory Board, and the board of the Ensemble Theater
Recent recognition for Ms. Vignaud includes:
- 2012 NAACP Presidents Award- Corpus Christi Branch
- 2012 Fountain of Praise Stella Tumble Community Award
- 2012 Capital One Circle of Excellence Award
- 2011 Latino Learning Center Partner Recognition
- 2010 Missouri City NAACP President’s Award
- 2010 Capital One Circle of Excellence Award
- 2010 Capital One One Award
- 2009 Texas Women’s Empowerment Foundation Partner Award
- 2008 Rolling Out Top 25 Women of Houston
- 2008 Certificate of Congressional Recognition by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
- 2008 Texas Women’s Empowerment Foundation Award
- 2008 G.R.A.C.E Community Services "You Make a Difference Award"
- 2007 Capital One Circle of Excellence Award
- 2006 NAACP Presidents Award- Houston, Texas Chapter
- 2006 Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by U.S. Congressman Al Green
- 2005 Minority Success Honoree -City Business Magazine
- 2003 United Way- Women’s Leadership Initiative Governing Body
- 2001 Woman of the Year – City Business Magazine
- 2000 YWCA Role Model of the Year