Bible Fact: God has put a capacity for hope in Him within the heart of all people for them to discover their life purpose and dreams.
The Big Idea: Hope in God is life’s greatest human asset that is always available to all people.
THE LAWS OF SEED AND HARVEST (Pt. 1)
God’s word and our honest compliance will determine His response. God at times acts like the man that had built his successful company over the years. He called a meeting with all of his young executive team and announced to them all that he was retiring within a year (Jim’s story).
A successful businessman was growing old and knew it was time to name a successor to take over the business. Rather than choose one of his directors or his children, he decided to do something different.
He called all the young executives in his company together and said, “It’s time for me to step down, so I need to choose the next CEO. I have decided to choose one of you.” The young executives were shocked he was even considering them, but they sat silently as he continued. “I am going to give each one of you a seed today — one very special seed. I want you to plant the seed, water it and come back here one year from today with the plant you have grown from the seed I have given you. I will base my selection for the next CEO on the plants you bring to me. I will judge the plants you bring, and the grower of one I choose will be the next CEO.”
A year later to the day, the executives returned with their beautifully grown plants — all except one. This executive brought an empty pot, embarrassed at his failure to grow a plant. It was obvious to all the young executives who would not be chosen as their boss’s successor.
Their retiring CEO examined all the plants and then stood at the head of the board table to make his announcement. “One year ago today, I gave everyone in this room a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it and bring it back to me today. What you didn’t know is that I gave you all boiled seeds; they were dead. It was not possible for them to grow.
“Every one of you, except Jim, has brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you could not make the seed I gave you grow, you all went out and bought another seed. Jim was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with nothing in it. Therefore, he is the one I choose to be the new chief executive officer!”
The Bible teaches believers that they are blessed according to their honest response to God and the ecclesiastical system of His spiritual economic system. Everything God does is spiritual (John 4:24). Therefore, no non-spiritual jesters will the Lord consider for a handsome response to His powerful promises. Let’s review just some of the spiritual responses that God states in His word that He is looking for that are meant for His people only:
- Matthew 7:7, 8 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
- Luke 6:38 “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
- Malachi 3:10 “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
- John 15:7 “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”
As with anything that operates successfully, a job in a hospital, a job in a school district, a job at a company or corporation, a job in the Arm Services, a job at a place anywhere large or small there must be rules for payment, benefits and advancement:
To get paid, reap the benefits and engage in advancement opportunities on any job certain basic requirements must be true:
- You must have been approved for hire;
- Your name must appear on the employment roll;
- You must qualify and become eligible for benefits.
God also has certain basic requirements to reap seed benefits from His kingdom:
- Become a part of His spiritual business; John 3:3,5
- Be sure your name is on the payroll; II Corinthians 8:5
- Remain in good standing in the kingdom of heaven; II Chronicles 7:14