Houston Forward Times

25 June 2013 Written by  Nicholas Norman

New England Patriots tight end still under investigation

Massachusetts State Police set up a tent near New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez’s North Attleborough home Monday morning. They searched nearby waters for evidence connected to the Odin Lloyd homicide investigation. At least six officers were present, with some dressed in full scuba gear and carrying metal detectors.

State Police arrived at Hernandez’s home early Saturday afternoon and began searching inside and around the property. Nearly four hours later, law enforcement officials exited Hernandez’s home carrying what appeared to be multiple evidence bags. The officials loaded into an unmarked vehicle that then left. The remaining authorities at the home departed shortly thereafter.

“This is way beyond what we’re used to,” a local police officer who was on site said. The Bristol County District Attorney’s Office informed media on Saturday that the investigation is still active and ongoing. When state authorities first arrived at the site, several law enforcement officials were seen entering the home wearing gloves. Two search dogs also entered the house. State Police searched a stream near Hernandez’s home for “evidence,” but the Boston Globe reports that nothing was found.


Lloyd’s body was found at about 5:30 p.m. on Monday, June 17. An autopsy confirmed his death was a homicide, according to authorities. Lloyd’s family told The Associated Press that Lloyd, a semi-pro football player in the Boston area, had connections to Hernandez. However, the family would not elaborate.

Michael Fee, one of Hernadez’s attorneys, issued the following statement on Monday night. “Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue. None of these false reports come from official sources and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway. Out of respect for that ongoing investigation, we will continue to refrain from commenting on its substance.”

There were multiple reports late last week that an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice had been issued, but that has not been confirmed by the Attleborough District Court. Hernandez was last seen in public last Thursday when his trip to Gillette Stadium, and a subsequent visit to his lawyer’s office on Boylston Street in Boston was tracked by several news helicopters. Hernandez returned to his home last Friday and has remained inside the $1.3 million mansion ever since.

MAA WereReady