Friday, 10 August 2012 11:28
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR GOD’S BEST BLESSINGS
Bible Fact: God expects for His chosen people to have the best of whatever He has.
The Big Idea: Thru faith and obedience it is the will of God to give believers what they need or desire.
Dr. B.J. Miller once said, "It is a great deal easier to do that which God gives us to do, no matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of not doing it." Today In The Word, November, 1989, p.11.
Instant obedience is the only kind of obedience there is; delayed obedience is disobedience. Whoever strives to withdraw from obedience, withdraws from grace. Thomas A. Kampis
- The moment you trust God, the best begins to happen to you: Genesis 12:1-4
- A will follow you legacy
- A longevity of joy and peace will be given you.
- A living of prosperity will be granted to you.
- Be careful pitching your tent (decisions) and building your altar (devotions). Genesis 12:7,8; 13:4,18
- Be aligned humbly and obediently to someone that God has already blessed. Genesis 13:1-5
- Allow God to on some things as a test of your will and patience…full circle at Bethel
- God gave Lot nothing and he fully depended upon Abraham for what he had.
- Allow others to prosper and to establish wealthy directions of living without personally judging them or their decisions (how they pitch their own tent). Genesis 13:6-13
- Be ready and position yourself to receive what God has to give you as a reward for your trusting Him. Genesis 13:14-18
- God gives blessings from all directions; v. 14
- God gives blessings that are too much to be consumed in one generation; v. 15
- God will be in charge of the distribution of your blessing over the future of your legacy long after you are gone. v. 16
- Accept with joy what God has supplied. v. 17
- Tour the land and discover more blessing! v. 18