HOW TO QUALIFY FOR GOD’S BEST BLESSINGS
Bible Fact: God expects for His chosen people to have the best of whatever He has.
The Big Idea: Thru faith and obedience it is the will of God to give believers what they need or desire.
According to the Bureau of Standards in Washington, a dense fog can cover seven city blocks to a depth of 100 feet and it all happens from less than one glass of water. That amount of water is divided into about 60 billion tiny droplets. Yet when those small particles settle over a city or the countryside, they can almost blot out everything from your sight.
Many Christians today live their lives in a fog. They allow a cupful of troubles to cloud their vision and dampen their spirit. Anxiety, turmoil and defeat strangle their thoughts. Their lives are being "choked by the cares of this world" (Luke 8:14). We don’t have to let the fog get us down! (The Paper Pulpit )
1. Past the hater’s test without losing focus of your dream;
A. The prejudice test; Genesis 37:5, 23 (character of will)
B. The pit test; Genesis 37: 28 (character of endurance)
C. The Potiphar house test; Genesis 39:1, 2, 4-7,10,11-16 (character of morality)
D. The Prison test; Genesis 39:19-20 (character of patience)
2. Do all of your present assignments with excellence as unto the Lord and honor His abiding presence; Genesis 39:21-23; John 15:1-5
3. Do not hold grudges or keep score when things do not go your way or as others promised; Genesis 40:11-15; 41:1,8, 12-14
4. Be ready to perform with excellence with what you are good at at the time that you are called upon; Genesis 41:30-44
5. Always pursue your higher purpose without committing to personal revenge toward those that God used to get you to where you are; Genesis 50:15-22
1. NO TOOL BOX THIS SATURDAY!!!
2. HSBC Education Ministry Annual Awards Day for students is this Sunday, July 15th at 3pm – 5pm
3. Each member is asked to sign up for one of the 12 tribes for Men Day 2012.
4. Need prayer: Cassandra Washington, Wesley Shanks and Nate Johnson