Contrary to one’s belief, quick and easy changes to your lifestyle can make a world of difference in your immediate health and wellness. Divas if you don’t have access to a gym or don’t have the time to spend long hours preparing meals…IT’S OKAY! These quick changes can happen in as quick as One minute –that’s it! Try any one of these 60 second activities and note the healthy benefits: Remember consistency is the key to any successful fitness program.
• Drink a B I G glass of water. Most of us know that water had a lot of benefits but did you know that even the mildest dehydration can cause fatigue. The next time your energy seems “zapped”, grab a sip of water and notice a huge difference.
• Twist it out. So many of us spend every weekday seated in front of a computer. Not only can sitting all day wreak havoc on your posture, but it can also compress your spine and exaggerate its curvature. Not fun. A simple twist can help undo this. As you sit in your desk chair, simply twist your upper-body to one side, hold for 30 seconds, and then repeat on the other side. It’s guaranteed to make you feel better!
• Breeeeaaaath…awww. How refreshing. We take breathing for granted. We never think about it. Try thinking about it and for a quick pick-me-up, simply take five deep breaths. Slowly inhale for at least five seconds and exhale for 10 seconds each time. You body will thank you for the extra oxygen.
• Encourage someone. I have always head people say, “its’ more bless-ed to give than to receive” That phrase is so true. Isn’t it interesting how you always seem to feel better after helping someone else feel better? And whatever makes you feel better also reduces your stress level.
• Set a goal for the day. Fact: People who set goals have more success than people who don’t. So why not take a few seconds and write down what you want to do today? Then, just commit to making it happen!
• Wash your hands. It seems like cold and flu season is always in full force (or just around the corner). One of the simplest and easiest ways to stay well year round is to wash your hands. All you need is warm water, soap and 20 seconds of rubbing to rid your hands of unwanted germs.
• Give yourself a mini-massage. Massage has a number of health benefits, including reducing stress, lowering blood pressure and speeding muscle repair. While you may not be able to spend the time or money getting one at a spa, pampering yourself with just 1 minute of self-massage by rubbing your own hands, feet or shoulders can do wonders.
See? In the quest to be healthier, you don't have to spend a lot of time. Even if all you have is a few spare seconds here and there, you can make a positive difference in your overall health!