Sunday, 01 April 2012 21:16
Holman Street Baptist Church:
Sunday School-LTC Lesson
A Weekly Christian Growth Series
A Christian Life Connection Series
“DEVELOPING MY RELATIONSHIPS”
Bible Fact: God expects for His chosen, saved people, to hear His voice in order for them to demonstrated and communicate an effective response of obedience and acceptance of His will.
The Big Idea: By developing a sensitive spiritual ear to the voice of God the faith, righteousness, peace, prosperity, power and joy of every believer will become more personally rewarding and to the glory of God.
God does speak: He spoke in the Old Testament from the beginning.
A. God spoke in creation; Genesis 1:3,6,9,11, 14, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29
- God’s first word spoken (logos is Greek for word) to man was about having power over possession and prosperity Genesis 1:26-30
B. God spoke to Adam (and Eve); Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:9-13
- God’s second word spoken (logos is Greek for word) to man was concerning relationships (Review last lessons outline for details)
- In the Bible, the rest of God’s speaking to man from Genesis 2:16 forward to the end of the Bible is about how to handle or how to forge right relationships in His created world that emphasize harmony:
- God spoke to Adam concerning his need for companionship; Genesis 2:16, 17
- When Satan speaks to God’s creation he always changes and confuses what God meant to be or what God originally put in place for man’s future good. God always intended to control the future and destiny of human beings. Genesis 3:1-5
- God spoke to Adam & Eve concerning their compliance to follow His instructions. Notice how noncompliance to what God spoke put restrictions on Adam & Eve’s prosperity and relationship (Proverbs 1:7-19); Genesis 3:9-13