Thursday, 05 July 2012 11:44
(jus’ you and tha girls)
By: Valecia Weeks, LMT
Have you ever thought in your mind, “I need to get a social life” ? Could it be that you’ve lost the excitement and thrill of working out? We as women sometimes need variety… something different. Sometimes even an outlet or perhaps a party would help. How about hosting a FITNESS PARTY!
Hosting your own fitness party is a great way to bond with your girlfriends who don’t mind getting a little sweaty. It is a great alternative to a cocktail party where high calorie alcohol is the guest of honor or a sales party where ladies may feel pressured to spend money that she may not have.
Here are some fun ideas for hosting your own FITNESS PARTY:
- Send your girlfriends an evite via email
- Have her dress in fitness attire
- Have her bring their favorite yoga, cardio or kickboxing CD
- Have her also bring exercise bands, weights and any other items she may want to trade
USE YOUR IMAGINATION/ BE CREATIVE
- Instead of hosting the party at your home, find a gym exclusively for women and see if the owner will host it for free
- Most gyms have a “try before you buy” workout pass and will possibly welcome you bringing in your healthy snacks.
- Most ladies’ gyms have fitness coaches who will lead you in workout sessions
PARTY FAVORS (most of these can be found at the dollar store)
- Water Bottles
- Jump Ropes
- Water Flavoring Packets
- Pocket Nutrition Guide
DEMONSTRATIONS (if hosted at your home)
- Hire a personal trainer to come in and lead the fitness sessions
- Add variety
- Anything colorful from the produce department of your favorite grocery store
- Fat free dressing
- Fresh fruit smoothies (made in your own blender)
- Low fat Yogurt
FUN & GAMES
- Offer a door prize to the first lady to arrive
- Offer a prize to the lady who can do the most wall or floor pushups in a minute
- Offer a prize to the lady with the greatest flexibility
- Besides fitness videos, ask guests to bring other exercise-related items that they no longer want or use. Some ideas include: used workout clothes or shoes that are still in good shape, past issues of fitness magazines, group fitness passes to a local gym, etc. Let her know that she can choose to loan her items or make permanent trades.